Sunday, September 25, 2011

Compositing Big Ideas

I based this idea on Sweeny's "Network Society". I wanted to explore how we are all interconnected through the Internet and how we have created multiple online communities. These Clouds are examples of my thought process.

This is the process I went to to get to these clouds...

1.    Select one Big Idea concerning technology broadly defined.
a.    The Internet as a Community
2.    Brainstorm a list of  themes that apply to this big idea
a.    Networking Sites
b.    Communication
c.    Inclusion
d.    Exclusion
e.    Connectedness
3.    Explore synonyms to this theme.
a.    Admittance
b.    Embracement
c.    Ban
d.    Boycott
e.    Ideas
f.     Connection
g.    Language
h.    Acquaintance, Friend, Enemy
i.     Link
4.    Use these synonyms to search Flickr tags. Prepare 3-5 clusters of images that are from your tag searching.
a.    Communication
b.    Computer
c.    Connection
d.    Ideas
5.    Pay attention to the tag clouds that you run into as you search through the Flickr photo streams. Include 2 clusters that come from an interesting tag that you found on Flickr.
a.    Linked
b.    Social Graph







This is my finished Collage. I used the information and images I found when creating the clouds...


No comments:

Post a Comment